Thursday, December 3, 2009

Make-up tips for a 50 year old woman with rosacea?

My 50 year old mom wears no make up whatsoever. Apparently she didn't find anything decent when she was younger. Also, she has rosacea. Currently, I use Physician's Formula make- up products, and I think they could possibly work well for her too. But since I'm only 14 and she's 50, there's a difference in what works. Any tips to help her find something?





It can't be anything expensive; just something cheap and simple that can be found like a drugstore or other such place.Make-up tips for a 50 year old woman with rosacea?
She should try a mineral foundation, since it has fewer chemicals and preservatives than a liquid foundation. jane has a really good one (with the sponge applicator -- not the brush) for under $7 at most drugstores.





You can also print her a guide for rosacea, called Take Control Of Your Rosacea by Julia Kazan. There's a link here http://www.squidoo.com/bargainskincareMake-up tips for a 50 year old woman with rosacea?
Well, she could use any moisturizing cream with a green tint (don't worry, it will not actually make her look green!), it is only just a hint of green color that dissolves on the face when evenly distributed and actually is just a moisturizing cream but the greenness being the opposite of red, it will tone down her rosacea considerably. I have a rosy complexion as well and in the winter especially my cheeks get rosier so I use these creams and it really helps to give your skin a base. There is a good one out there by Darphin called INTRAL: Redness Relief Recovery Cream, not sure how much it costs over there but it is not too pricey, plus it smells wonderful, I cannot stress that enough. When you put it on your fingers, you can actually see green shimmery particles in the cream which makes it special but of course on contact with the skin they dissolve and give a natural finish. I highly recommend it. In the list of ingredients I can see many plant extracts such as chamomile extract (to calm and soothe the skin), peony extract, olive and melon extract to name a few, there are other more scientific plant terms but I would not bother you with them. With all these extracts it is no wonder it smells so good!! It is worth looking it up on the internet if there are no retail stores there. But there are also other creams out there especially for rosacea such as La Roche-Posay, the range is called ROSALIAC. These products I have given you are pharmaceutical products thus might be a little bit more expensive but the companies producing them have experimented more on their development unlike some other high street brands which can easily cause allergies. Expensive does not always mean better but in my opinion it is worth spending a little bit more for something that will both last long and benefit your skin. On the other hand, if you cannot afford it, opt for something cheaper and, if possible, request a sample to prevent grieving over your money. I congratulate you for caring about your mother's skin needs. It just goes to show what a great daughter your mother has. Whatever you choose to get, I am sure that it will be chosen with a lot of love.
Physician's formula should work great for her! Man I ohhhhh so badly want to buy her Bare Minerals or give her one of my spares. If you reeeeaaaalllly change your mind about the whole drugstore thing, for only 35 dollars you can get her the new full sized foundation+ softest kabuki in the world kit. dont get the starter kits! htey give you like a sample sized mini things of products.
50 year olds should wear makup


maybe foundation


but the whole eye stuff looks bad with the wrinkled eyes you might as well not put it on them
As a 57 year old women I could tell a pack of lies bla bla bla to get the 10 point (which I don't care about) or I could tell the truth , which is...


I also suffer from Achne Roasia, and I really don't care!


I am convident with who and what I am.


You love me


You hate me.


Your p[roblem not mine.


I love me (not in a vain way)


so whyatever! :)
maybe the physicians formulas green concealer stick will help counteract the redness and then maybe a light powder to dust over her t-zone.Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder