Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm 14 and my first day of high school is Monday..so does any one have make up tips?

I'm african american. I'm not dark or light skined I'm in the middle I have dark brown eyes..I usually only use eyeshadow.I like my make up to be noticeable but I don't wanna stand out 2 much. So does anyone have any tips and can anyone tell me where to buy make up and what kind 2 get???I'm 14 and my first day of high school is Monday..so does any one have make up tips?
Hey.


I think for school it has to look natural but still noticeable. So browns and golds or bronzes. Especially as you have brown eyes, use a bit of green to make the colour pop! For your base use a colour close to your skin tone. Go over that but don't go into your inner corner of the eye with a darker colour in brown. Then at the crease of your lid gradually blend in towards the center of your lid with the green and then just on the crease and blend out in a wing shape in a darker warm brown. On your brow bone highlight it with a shimmering white and blend down into the other colours. Make sure there aren't any harsh lines! As this can make it look really cheap looking and you want to look natural. If you want to, add a bright eyeliner for a pop of colour.





I think that coastal scents is great for makeup, they do palettes which are amazing and not too expensive. They make a shimmer palette or a matte palette.





If you want toturials you can find great ones on youtube.


Here is some amazing youtube vid makers that do makeup:


Panecea81


xsparkage


MichellePhan


MakeupByTiffanyDI'm 14 and my first day of high school is Monday..so does any one have make up tips?
Monday?? I start on September 28th! :O


Annywaaayy moving on::





Applying eyeshadow:


1. Apply a light eyeshadow over your entire eyelid from lash line to eyebrow bone, but not beyond.


2. Define the crease of your eyelid using a medium or dark shade. The deeper the shade, the more dramatic look.


3. To open up your eyes so that they appear livelier, place a dot of a light shade in the inner corner of each eye.





Applying eye liner:


For a natural-looking eyeliner and the illusion of lusher, fuller lashes, use a dark brown eye pencil and carefully press a series


of dots between your lashes following your lash line.





For the sophisticated look, draw a smooth fine line alone the top lashes.





To create the dramatic look, draw a line inside your lash line (as close to the lashes as possible), then along the top of the lash line.





Hope i helped! :)
I'm 16 and I use Merle Norman Total Finish Compact Foundation. It's $20, so if you don't want something that expensive, CoverGirl Tru Blend Liquid Foundation. If you don't want to use foundation, you can try a tinted moisturizer like CoverGirl Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisture SPF 15. For eyes, I like to use neutral shades. They go with any clothing and any style. I use Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadows. They come in palettes with four similar shades together. I use Lancome Mascara and it's $25, so if you don't want to go that expensive CoverGirl LashBlast Volume Mascara in black or brown. I use Clinique lipglosses, but I would suggest Covergirl Fruit Spritzers for someone like you. All of these products can be purchased at your local Walmart, Target, and Rite-Aid stores.
Whoa, you start on monday?


I start on September 8!





Make-up you should consider purchasing with your eyeshadows: Mascara, a decent Eyelash curler and a primer or base so your eyeshadow will look more vivid and last longer.





If you have the money, I would invest in department store eyeshadows. You could go to Macy's, Sephora, etc. Some great eyeshadow brands are Mac, Urban Decay and Make-up forever.





If you want to get drugstore quality make-up, I would highly recommend NYX, they have good pigmentation and a large variety of colours.





Try using 4 eyeshadow colours when you're doing your eye make-up. One for your whole lid (example, a light brown), one in the inner corners of your eyes (a light shimmery colour), one in the outer crease (a darker brown), and one for your brow bone (a matte light beige).


Make sure you don't go crazy for shimmers, use 1 or 2 shimmer eyeshadows and the rest for mattes.
I'm not sure about your school, but mine doesn't let us wear make up until later years. But I dont listen to them XD





Maybe for the first day it'd be best to see what everyone else is wearing ( not that you should follow the crowd) we just dont want you having any make up disasters.





Try a natural look, with an even foundation to smooth out any blemishes, only a little blush ( if you need any ) and a small amout of mascara would be nice. Don't go over the top with massive clumpy lashes though. You might want to risk a little eye liner to define your eyes more and then a natural colour lip stick or just a lip gloss. Put a little fit of your foundation on your lips so the lip gloss stays on longer. I wouldn't slap on too much make up for the first day, but if your worried you could always take some make up with you to school. :)





Hope this helped :)
Honestly, at school, make up isn't really essential. What I would do is not use too many bold colors. I'd stick with top and bottom eyeliner, mascara, then take a white eyshadow and sweep it near your tear ducts, and take a blue eyeshadow and sweep it across your lower lashline, because blue just really pops on dark skin. Since it's school, you don't really want to look too overone.





Any makeup you buy at this age should probably be kind of inexpensive, since it's just a beginner collection, I'm assuming ? I would stick to drugstore makeup, like Revlon Colorstay quads or the Loreal H.I.P Duo, with the blue and white, i believe ? They're some of the higher end drugstore products. E.L.F. Brushes are sold for cheap too, usually $1.00 each.
pink lip gloss usualy makes teeth look better, making your smile look more inviting





and also lilic eyeshadow brings out brown eyes





try not to over do it tho, you dont want people thinking you try to hard





good luck! :)
do u like bright colors


or do you want a natural


or a smoke look?





E-mail me and ill give you some make up tips
I would try black eyeliner, but go easy with it, and gold eyeshadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder