Saturday, November 28, 2009

Does anyone have make up tips for the very financially strapped woman?

I am looking for tips on make up that is good and very reasonably priced. I am 27 years old, with brown eyes and brown hair, if that info is necessary.Does anyone have make up tips for the very financially strapped woman?
I am financially tight too, and cosmetics tend to be outrageously expensive (!) so I buy alot of cosmetics on eBay. You can find them MUCH cheaper there, even the pricey brands. And sometimes you can find lots of items, like multiple bottles of foundation for a good price, or the like. I stock up this way, since money is tight and this is more economical.





www.eyeslipsface.com has all kinds of cosmetics at remarkably good prices - $1 apiece. It's like a cosmetics dollar store. I haven't used their stuff yet, but at that price, when the budget is extremely tight, it would be worth a try.





I have found www.makeupalley.com helpful as far as rating what cosmetics are the best buy...they provide detailed ratings/reviews on tons of cosmetics, about both how good they are and their price. They also list some very cheap natural substitutes for cosmetic skin care...some of which, according to the rave reviews of other ordinary people like me, work extremely well. (I've tried some of them and regularly use one such item - lemon juice mixed with water instead of the pricey hydroxy-acid skin regenerating/cell turnover cosmetics....for my skin-beginning-to-age at 30!!) You can also ask questions on their boards, like the one you asked here, and get some answers from people who love to try and talk about makeup.





Also I've looked up on google ';discount cosmetics'; and ';cheap cosmetics'; and searches like that and found some websites where you can buy cosmetics very inexpensively...you might want to try this.





One thing I will recommend that is fairly inexpensive is L'Oreal Voluminous mascara. That's one of the best drugstore mascaras and I think it's about $5.99.





Hope this helps you!!








IDoes anyone have make up tips for the very financially strapped woman?
If you have a ';marketplace'; (it's the actual name of the grocery store) in your area, they have Jordanna makeup, which is like, a dollar makeup, but actually pretty good quality... or even the dollar stores carry some makeup, but be careful what you buy there... they can either be really ugly, really broken, or really cheap quality... I actually found some of my favorite cover girl eyeshadow at the dollar tree not that long ago... There are other brands that are slightly more expensive... but you can find them at just about any fred meyer, safeway, etc... Wet N wild brand are pretty cheap... or NYC... You just kind of have to shop around... but remember, you get what you pay for... I would reccomend at least buying a good foundation... the rest can be cheap... Good luck!
Since makeup is so damn expensive, my only idea is that you should always wear mascara, if nothing else. Nothing looks worse than when a woman is wearing eyeshadow and eyeliner and no mascara! You can wear mascara without other makeup though. That's all I wear and it looks fine.
if your really strapped for cash i find that a mascara lipstick and concealer if needed help...also a pot of vaseline works wonders..it can be mixed with lipstick for a not so made up look on lips and also on the cheeks for a little glow..you can use it to tame and groom eyebrows too.
You don't need to own alot of makeup.





A foundation, bronzer, mascara and a lipgloss. I use the bronzer for everything haha





The two makeup brands I wear are Revlon and Estee Lauder (that is expensive..). Revlon Fabulash is the best mascara I have ever owned :O!
Yous should splurge on these products, as they last quite long : Foundation, cream eyeshadow and Lipstick.





However, you can go skimp on all others like lipgloss, eyeshadow and concealer (they dont really make a difference to the price)
  • symatec
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin disorder